Learning a new language is not always easy! I still remember the long and boring English as a Second Language classes I had to take when we first moved to the U.S., not that fun!
Now that I’m a Spanish tutor, I try to engage my students in different activities. One of my favorite tools to use are flash cards; I’ve used them with kids as well as businessmen and old retirees. They do wonders!
There are a lot of fun ways you can use flashcards!
Here are some of my favorite:
- I give about 5 flashcards to each student, and they have to use those words that day or write a little paragraph with them. For kids, I like to make a little reward chart and give them a star each time they use a word.
- Make flashcards with the names of objects around the house (like Mesa, Cama, etc) and ask them to tape them to their corresponding object.
- With more advanced students, I make flashcards with synonyms or antonyms and play a memory/matching game. If they’re beginner students, I use a flashcard with a word and another one with a matching picture.
- I give them a set of flashcards and a newspaper or magazine article and make them look for the words.
- I write a conjugated verb on the flashcard and ask the students to tell me the time and person.
Sra. López at Latina-ish is sharing a set of flashcards she created for her little kids. 175 most common used words in Spanish that anyone can use! And I’m sure you can come up with many fun ways to apply them to your Spanish learning activities!
Have a nice day,